Canon EOS 5D Mark III 22.3 MP Full Frame CMOS Digital SLR Camera with EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
- 22MP full frame CMOS sensor
- 6 frames per second continuous shooting
- 61-point AF system
- ISO 100 – 25600 range with 50 – 102,800 expansion
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- 3.2 inch LCD with 1,040,000 dots
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible. Visit http://usa.canon.com/protection to learn more.
- Newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L:50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light and next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points with f/4.0 lens support and 5 dual diagonal AF points (sensitive to f/2.8).
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time 29 minutes 59 seconds), selectable “All i-frame” or IPB compressions, embedded timecode, manual audio level control while recording, and headphone terminal.
- 3.2-inch Clear View II LCD monitor, 170° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection; magnesium-alloy body with shutter durability tested up to 150,000 cycles, enhanced dust-and-weather resistance, and updated EOS Integrated Cleaning system for improved vibration-based dust removal.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Technical Details
Review summary from DPReview
DPReview Canon EOS 5D Mark III Overview
The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is not only a very capable photographic tool in almost all areas, it’s also fun and exciting to shoot with. Slight JPEG softness is disappointing in a camera at this level but it’s only visible at pixel-level and we would expect most of the camera’s target group to shoot Raw anyway.
Scoring is relative only to the other products in the same category.
DPReview is the world’s most popular dedicated enthusiast digital photography website. Since 1998 its mission has remained unchanged: to deliver the best reviews of cameras and lenses anywhere on the Internet, and help you find the right gear for your needs.
Sample images from DPReview
Sample images for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
See all sample images on DPReview Click image to open full-resolution original.
100mm, 1/10 sec, f/11, ISO 1280088mm, 1/80 sec, f/11, ISO 50070mm, 1/60 sec, f/7.1, ISO 1000032mm, 1/40 sec, f/5.6, ISO 51200105mm, 1/200 sec, f/4, ISO 10017mm, 1/50 sec, f/8, ISO 100, +1 EV24mm, 1/800 sec, f/1.4, ISO 10034mm, 1/1250 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100, +0.33 EV85mm, 1/200 sec, f/8, ISO 20040mm, 1/30 sec, f/2.8, ISO 2000, -0.67 EV70mm, 1/1250 sec, f/2.8, ISO 10049mm, 1/40 sec, f/2.8, ISO 125
|Dimensions||12 x 23 x 56 cm|
|Auto Focus Technology||
|Battery Average Life||950 Photos|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||6 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1,040,000|
|Display Size||3.2 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||22.3 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||25,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|Exposure Control Type||
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|File Format||JPEG (Exif 2.3 [Exif Print] compliant), Design rule for Camera File system (2.0), RAW: RAW, sRAW1, sRAW2 (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition), Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant|
|Flash Memory Installed Size||32|
|Flash Memory Type||Compact Flash Type I (UDMA compatible), SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto, Manual|
|Flash Sync Speed||1/200_sec|
|Flash Type||Hot-shoe, Wireless plus Sync connector|
|Focus Type||Automatic with Manual|
|Form Factor||Mid-size SLR|
|HDMI Type||HDMI Mini|
|ISO Range||Auto, 100 - 25600 in 1/3 stops, plus 50, 51200, 102400 as option|
|Image Aspect Ratio||3:2|
|Item Dimensions||4.57 x 2.99 x 5.98 inches|
|Item Display Weight||33.5 ounces|
|Item Weight||2.09 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||13 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||80 grams|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1-year warranty|
|Material Type||Magnesium alloy|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/8000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||5,760|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot, Partial|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||30 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||22.3 MP|
|Optical Sensor Size||Depending on the lens|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77 mm|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Processor Description||Digic 5+|
|Remote Control Description||Remote control with N3 type contact, Wireless Controller LC-5, Remote Controller RC-6|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||EOS integrated cleaning system|
|Shipping Weight||6.65 pounds|
|Style Name||w/ 24-105mm|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion LP-E6 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-4;h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (pentaprism)|